My spirits are rejuvenated every time I head to the garden – this amazing space I’m sharing with friends. Here’s but a few of the delights coming on in full beauty this last June day. So much to be grateful for. To have this space to breathe in, and connect with.
And once we’ve poked around and under leaves in the garden, head in to try this delicious ranch dressing – no mayo, no dairy – just a magical coconut milk delight. And once the flavors have had a chance to mingle and merge, you’ll taste just the barest bit of coconut milk – but the silkiness and nutrition will all be there.
Coconut Milk Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Sooo creamy and delicious! Veganly perfect as a dip or salad dressing. Inspired by Blissful Basil blog.
Makes about 2 cups.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream, refrigerated overnight (do not use light coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 roast garlic cloves, (or 1-2 tsp. garlic greens) minced
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh parsley and chives
- 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle powder (or to taste)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Open can of chilled coconut milk. Scoop the coconut cream off the top of the can and add it to a medium bowl, leaving the coconut water in the can.
Add 4 tablespoons of the coconut water into the coconut cream and whisk until smooth (reserve the leftover coconut water, as you may need to whisk in an extra tablespoon or two after refrigerating your dressing depending on your desired thickness).
Add in remaining ingredients. Stir to lusciously combine and refrigerate dressing for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.